Strings Without Boundaries
SUMMER PROGRAM FOR TRADITIONAL & CONTEMPORARY STRINGS
Strings Without Boundaries: Where 21st century technique meets tradition, creativity and style
10 Reasons to join us at Strings Without Boundaries this summer in Nebraska:
* Gain the freedom to play, compose, improvise, and perform in any style
* Gift yourself with an in-depth foray into American and world styles
* Experience making music in a sharing community
* Develop new right- and left-hand techniques
* Welcome lightning bolts about form, structure, harmonic motion, and more…
* Uplift your solo and ensemble experiences
* Give yourself Soul-singing, foot-tapping, Pinky-Groovin’ jams
* Have more fun making music than you dreamed possible
* Benefit from an incredible faculty of internationally recognized professional educators and performers
Each day choose from two dozen classes in American and world styles, creative musicianship, technology for strings, and more… Opt to play in the most unique orchestra on the planet, Planet Strings, or practice your conducting skills for American and world styles.
Strings Without Boundaries creates a sharing environment for amateur through professional players as well as students and teachers of all ages and backgrounds.
We focus on string technique and repertoire from American and world traditions, creative musicianship, and technology-enhanced approaches. In addition, we offer teacher-training and optional clock-hour and Graduate credit.
2017 will be our 15th summer and our 19th season. To date, we’ve spanned six locations (PA, WA, GA, WI). Here’s what past participants have said:
New in 2017
- D’Addario Bowed Strings party with a live band, luthiers from the region and refreshments
- “Write a Theme Song for SWB” Contest with cash prizes for first, second and third place
- Any string teacher willing to run a theme-writing contest in his or her classroom will be awarded a surprise package by D’Addario. A tune-writing lesson plan will be provided by SWB for online download.