NARRATION for PLANET STRINGS INFORMANCE
The script is filled with jokes, stories, and rich information detailing the evolution of the violin and its music. Two narrators are required. You can use students from your string program, students from the school theatre program, or community celebrities.
STRING ORCHESTRA SCORE LIST:
See sample pages BELOW.
MASON’S APRON: Irish. (public domain) Melody only Level 3 (Optional: Fully arranged score published
by Alfred Music)
REUBEN: (melody only) Appalachian (public domain) Level 2.5
SALLY GOODIN’: Appalachian (public domain) Arrangement by Julie Lyonn Lieberman. Level 2.5
MINDY’S FIDDLE BLUES: blues Level 3 Composed and arranged by Julie Lyonn Lieberman
CRIPPLE CREEK I and II (public domain) Two arrangements by Julie Lyonn Lieberman. Levels 2.5 and 3.5
LADY’S FANCY (public domain) Arrangement by Julie Lyonn Lieberman.Level 3
JAZZ BACKGROUND, RIFF, AND ARPEGGIOS composed by Julie Lyonn Lieberman. Level 3 – 3.5
SWING DU STRINGS (swing) composed by Julie Lyonn Lieberman. Level 3.5
BUTTERFLY (public domain) Irish Arrangement by Julie Lyonn Lieberman. Level 3
ROMANIAN HORA (public domain) Arrangement by Julie Lyonn Lieberman.Level 3
1) A history of the electric violin in pictures
2) Bollywood Strings video with beautiful photographs from India that dance and spiral to the music (coordinates with the performance of Bollywood Strings).
3) A video of photographs and inspirational quotes from Newtown, CT (coordinates with Newtown Peace Anthem).
4) Blues Fiddle video (coordinates with blues section of script)
Julie will coach your students on video to help them capture each style.
Note: These additional scores are optional to add length to the program.
• Mason’s Apron (Irish) – Alfred Music OR **Celtic Butterfly (Irish) – Kendor Music
• Blues Fiddle on the Fringe (blues) – Alfred Music
•**Bollywood Strings (Bollywood) – Kendor Music (coordinated with a loaner program with NS Design)
•**Newtown Peace Anthem (contemporary classical)** – Alfred Music
Sound Effects (EFX): Judge’s gavel, ship’s whistle, and horse’s hooves, Solomon Northup Quote (read by an actor)
Interview Clips (SFX) Arlene Smith (legendary jazz violinist Stuff Smith’s wife), and Milt Hinton (world-renowned bassist, Julie Lyonn Lieberman